Centauri Specialty Insurance
Centauri Specialty Insurance is a growing property and casualty insurance carrier with a ton of positive energy regarding the future of our organization. Our current staff of 50+ tenacious professionals work together to solve problems to create effective products that meet the needs of our policyholders. As a member of Team Centauri, you will be given challenges to solve, but will also be surrounded by seasoned professionals who are ready to guide you in your professional journey. We are excited to announce that Centauri has once again been named one of the Best Places to Work in Florida by Florida Trend Magazine. We would love for you join our award winning team committed to working together in our state-of-the-art building in Sarasota, Florida.
Responsible for assisting with and conducting organizational studies and evaluations. Designs and tests technology solutions and provides production support functions. Participates in continuous improvement efforts and various performance measurement studies, documents and shares efficiencies and findings. Responsible for assigned reporting and requirement documentation.
Your Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate and collaborate in efforts to improve capabilities, improve processes and lead or support technology projects.
- Analyze data for anomalies, trends and improvement opportunities, report on findings.
- Investigate, analyze, and maintain an effective change control process to ensure all content is relevant and compliant to policy, procedures, and standards.
- Maintain relevant knowledge base on process automation and potential IT advancements or enhancements to modernize systems.
- Effective communication of data and actionable insights to cross-functional teas and leaders, propose solutions, when applicable.
- Verify results through testing various business operations impacting insurance product, profitability and compliance and report on findings.
- Provides support to outside insurance clients and vendors as directed.
- Assist in systems maintenance by researching, identifying, and resolving issues to maintain system integrity and security.
- Assist in preparation of reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information for a variety of clients, including insurance regulators and business partners.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university.
- One to two years related experience and/or training is required.
- Prior experience in the insurance industry required; specifically experience in property and casualty insurance preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulated industries.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products including Power BI, project management software, database software, and contact management systems is required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytic skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to handle stress
The physical demands for this position are Light. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand; walk safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaced; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have ability to handle stressful deadlines.
- Must have sufficient vision to navigate required computer programs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What We Offer You:
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Generous health insurance package that includes a benefit-rich Medical plan along with 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Disability and Life coverage
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- 11 Holidays
- 12 days of sick
- 18 days of vacation annually
- 8 hours of Volunteerism
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Corporate events
- Summer Casual Dress code
Centauri is in beautiful Sarasota, on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Sarasota offers a variety of outdoor activities like fishing, sailing, swimming, kayaking, biking, golfing and running throughout the year. Cultural amenities with museums and art galleries and a collection of unique restaurants provide experiences to interest everyone. Sarasota offers a strong economy with great schools, a variety of churches and family friendly parks and community activities. Florida has NO State Income Tax!
Please note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Learn more about us at www.centauriinsurance.com.